Monday, April 12, 2010

Vanilla Vanilla's - A winning Vanilla Cupcake recipe to be sold at Rocklea Markets.. All cupcaked out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I feel as though I am all cupcaked out. For the past 2 weeks, all I have been doing is trialing recipes and I am really growing sick of making, tasting and even looking at cupcakes for the time being. So here is my last cupcake related post for the next week :p.

This is my winning Vanilla Cupcake Recipe. Billy Reece from Billy's Bakery in NY, as featured on Martha's website. I thought they would be perfect as they have a double dose of vanilla.

If you are coming to see me next weekend the 18th of April at the Rocklea Markets, these Vanilla Vanilla Cupcakes will be sold for only $1.50 EA.


Please don't forget to point out to me that you are one of my blog readers as I will offer mates rates :)


Ingredients

Makes about 30 cupcakes

  • 1 3/4 cups cake flour, not self-rising
  • 1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch cubes
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt; mix on low speed until combined. Add butter, mixing until just coated with flour.

In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together eggs, milk, and vanilla. With mixer on medium speed, add wet ingredients in 3 parts, scraping down sides of bowl before each addition; beat until ingredients are incorporated but do not overbeat.

Divide batter evenly among liners, filling about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 17 to 20 minutes.

Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat process with remaining batter. Once cupcakes have cooled, use a small offset spatula to frost tops of each cupcake. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Serve at room temperature. I frosted this cupcake with some left over Swiss Meringue Buttercream, coloured purple of course.



Thanks for reading!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

P.S Apologise about the crappy photo!

5 comments:

  1. Swiss Meringue Buttercream?? I just drooled on my keyboard. Sounds delish!

    Did you have any issues being allowed to sell your cakes at the markets? I looked into it once but was put off by all the licensing hoops...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Swiss Meringue Buttercream, it definitely was love at first sight.

    Yes, I did come across alot of red tape when it came to selling.

    I was a bit devistated when I thought that I wouldn't be able to hold my stall. But luckily, I now have someone who is willing to loan me their commercial kitchen for one day! I also came across some problems with FSA, but I got passed all of that now.

    Alot of hurdles for just wanting to sell some cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that I am very grateful for all your hard work trying to get this stall together! Can't wait to see you on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Make sure you tell me who you are so I can give you mates rates! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think a person can be cupcaked out! Ahahahah! All the cup cakes you've been trying look adorable!

    ReplyDelete