Friday, May 14, 2010

Quick Entree or Dinner..? Tasty Bruschetta

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This week has been absolutely hectic at my new workplace. Although this was only my second week there, I have been flat out! I even stayed back until 7 pm on one day.. I've only ever worked back 2 times in my LIFE! I've been pretty much dumped into the deep end and had to figure out stuff for myself.

Anyways after that venting.. I've been trying to come up with some quick and yet tasty meals this week, I haven't really made anything blog worthy as it has mostly been savoury mince and McNuggets topped off with some sugar free ice cream.

Mr. BB texted me at work telling me he had a craving for Bruschetta.. (jokingly I asked if he was pregnant :p) So I swung by Coles at the Barracks to pick up some lovely fresh ingredients to make some for my poor starved Emo :D

Bruschetta
Sourced from various memories
1 Long Sour Dough Bread Stick
2 Vine Ripened Tomatoes
1/2 Red onion
2 Cloves of garlic
1 Large handful of fresh Basil
Bocconcini Cheese
4 thin slices of prosciutto
Fruity extra virgin olive oil
Balsamic Vinegar


Finely slice your onion and tomatoes to approximately the same size. Very finely chop the garlic and add to a bowl. Mix in some olive oil, optional balsamic and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Slice bread stick on an angle and sprinkle some olive oil onto both sides. Toast under the grill.

Finely slice or tear your basil and add to the tomato mixture. Arrange tomato mixture onto toasted bread. Place strips of prosciutto and sliced bocconcini on top.

Garnish with more olive oil, balsamic and basil sprigs. Serve Immediately.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. They look divine!
    Noe I'm hungry!
    I love those photos too. Great!
    B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so good! great for summer time here in the US... i think i will make these soon - i've been on a prosciutto kick myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete